Searching for a new job is similar to traversing through a tunnel
Quick note for everyone looking for new gigs and finding that it is taking much longer than planned.
Sometimes, it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but rest assured, the tunnel does end, and the rays are waiting to fall on your face. However hard it seems, please know that the tide will turn. For many people, this is their first time hitting this kind of job market in the tech industry. I want you to know we have been here before. We have survived it to eventually thrive.
5 Things you can do to help yourself navigate these waters.
- You only control what you do – nothing else. Be aware and let go of anything outside your control.
- Take a break (or two) every day to spend time with your friends, loved ones, kids, and family. Stop the urge to get interrupted by your job hunt during family time.
- Stay focused on the job at hand – finding a new job; looking back and questioning past decisions won’t help.
- Find a way to allocate at least 30 mins a day just for yourself. Use that time as much as possible to be out for a walk or run. Bottomline, get outside.
- If you can find additional 15 mins a day – journal.
- How you’re feeling?
- What are 2-3 good things that happened that day – however small
Time moves fast and never comes back.
We need to stay present and be happy.
Photo by: Christian Vasile